Friday, January 23, 2009

Memories from the golden years of my life (22)

Long time since I wrote my last blog. In fact I am yet to start over blogging in new year !! Such a shame. But anyways I will try to compensate for that. Or at least I am making a start now.

Well I had a good time when mummy and papa were here. Although both of them freaked out really when they saw the condition of my foot! It wasn’t a quarter as bad as it was earlier, but the huge infection had left its marks and it would have taken a blind man to ignore them! Anyways papa and mummy thanked God and I was reprimanded for not letting them know since so long and also never letting them know that it was that critical.

It was during those days when papa mummy were here that we went to the city and I went there for the first time in 6 weeks for enjoyment purpose. I don’t remember exactly but I think that we had taken the bus to Hazratganj from campus. On bus we met one of my favourite profs Abhijit Bhattacharya aka Golu. Papa wished him and he too responded back. Am not sure if he recognized papa as the one who had come with me to the interview (owing to the fact that I had my interview one day later than planned). Since all of us were new to the place and we were also not really aware how big / small this market was, we asked the bus driver only where can we go to eat. Basically I did not want to explore the market or for that matter any place in Lucknow as I had planned to pull up my socks in studies (some of the mid term examinations had gone really bad and Manish inspired me a great deal).

The driver pointed us to Nirulas – the same Nirulas which became a hot favourite of mine and Manish for its Chilli Chicken Tikka Pizza – Remember Manish? Anyways … that Nirulas was like far from where we were left by bus. 2-3 times we contemplated giving up but still carried on. Since Saharaganj was non existent that time, the place was really deserted. Finally we did reach there and had a great meal. When we started coming back we realized that we would miss the bus!! It was late! Anyways we finally managed to locate two rickshaws and hopped on to them. Rickshaw wallahs drive like maniacs in Lucknow. Comments, Manish ??? Finally we did manage to catch the bus back after some confusion.

The next day we went to Aliganj only and had food there. I was not really in mood to go out as mummy, papa and Dhiraj were leaving the day after. It was really great to come back to family from classes after missing them for like 6 weeks! Few things which are still etched in mind – all of them really liked the campus, the mess (and for its unlimited food which they found good surprisingly! And the Nescafe shop for its badam milk!) They left the next day and I was back to basics … I did feel lonely and sad for some time but then life at IIML is such that you can’t even brood for a long period of time. The pending work finally sucks you back into the system ….

No comments: