Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Memories from the golden years of my life (24)

Let me start the blog on a sad note. No one read my last blog after repeated mails! I was actually sad to see this but I must realize that maybe what seems so interesting and is dear to me may not make up even a good story for others. So I have decided not to pain people anymore with my stupid blog mails. I will write just for myself. Maybe 10 years down the line when things are totally different I will have a good time reading it.

Lets start from where I had left in my last blog. I have always believed that the first half of my first term was the toughest time of my stay at IIML. Thankfully, it had come to an end. I do believe that tough times bring out the best in any person and the same was reflected in my behaviour during this period. To quote just one example my expenditure during this one and half months was at an all time low. If I am to guess correctly it would not be more than 1500 a month 80% of which would be contributed by mess bills. This figure had grown to an exorbitant 6-7000 per month by the time the course ended. This was despite the tough times such as my foot infection.

Anyways … classes had begun again in full force. We had four full credit courses continuing from pre mid term which were Behaviour in Organizations – By now it had turned out to be completely boring and useless. Debchat used to give loadsa gyan (most of which held little meaning) for me. All that I picked up from him was wielding hi fi sounding words into sentences which seem to convey a lot but actually mean nothing. Consider this “The personality of the person is truly reflected in his inner conscious and sub conscious interacting with each other, the effects of which are evident in his demeanor” :P

Economics was perhaps becoming more and more interesting with every passing day. I loved my prof. Mr. Bannerjee, though I hated the way he made his papers. Totally globe questions such as “Is economics an art or science? (20 marks)”. This was actually a question in our mid term paper! But the subject nonetheless was very interesting.

Another important thing that I had picked up by now was to play on expectations. I had learnt to look out for what a prof expects from us and deliver the same and believe me this was the best thing that I could do for myself in the entire course. So I was furiously taking note of every sentence that eco prof said so that I could reproduce the same in the final exam while for BIO I was practicing making sentences like above. Believe me it worked like hell. Rest about other subjects and profs in my next blog ….

No comments: